Moulton Hall

Moulton Hall, near Richmond, Yorks.

The hall was rebuilt on an ancient site in the 1600’s for Leonard Smithson, who was succeeded in 1650 by his son Christopher Smithson. The latter’s son George Smithson was MP for the North Riding in the First Protectorate Parliament in 1654 and briefly MP for Northallerton in 1659. On his death in 1692 the estate was sold by […]